Project Name: The Project for Revitalization of the Deteriorated Environment in the Land Reform Areas through Integrated Agricultural Development
Name of Company: TEAM Consulting Engineering and Management Co., Ltd.
Firm’s Participation: Sanyu Consultant Inc., Sanyu Consultant (Thailand) Ltd.
A&R Consultant Co., Ltd.
Location: Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan and Sakon Nakhon
Client: Agriculture Land Reform Office (ALRO), Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperative.
Project Cost: 1,600 million Baht
Type of Project: Sustainable Agricultural Development & Rural Development
Project Period: 1999-2010
The project was implemented by Agricultural Land Reform Office (ALRO) in the Land Reform Area (LRAs) located in the four Upper Northeastern provinces namely Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakham, Mukdahan and Sakon Nakhon with the total area of about 48,000 Hectares for 5,885 villages and 126,282 farmers household with the loan from Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC).
The project main objectives are as followings;
1. To increase income level of the farmers in the LRAs that will subsequently improve their standard of living through integrated and sustainable agricultural development
2. To conserve and rehabilitate those buffer zone between the protected / conservation areas and LRAs;
3. To increase employment opportunity in agricultural sector for farmers in LRAs and for those laid off workforce and returning home in the LRAs.
TEAM, as one of the leading firm in the association, has provided the consulting services for the project since the first stage. The consulting services provided during 1999-2008 includes;
- Support and facilitate planning design and construction supervision of Farm ponds, Community ponds, Farm and village road and new irrigation infrastructure
- Support and facilitate basic studies of all communities in the project’s LRAs and establishing / strengthening of people’s organization.
- Support and facilitate agricultural extension services and monitoring and evaluation of project’s benefits.
- Support and facilitate technological transfer and farmers training.
Recently, the project has been extended to year 2010. The additional consulting services for the extended phase includes;
- Support and facilitate processing and marketing of local agricultural product.
- Support and facilitate the Improvement of agricultural practice in field corps, including innovation of farming practice aiming a better livelihood for farmer in Land Reform Area.
- Support and facilitate the development of rural youth and new farmer’s generation. This program is to develop human resource of next generation in Land Reform Area for long term sustainability of agriculture and rural development.
- Support and facilitate the Environmental and Natural Resource Management.