Project Name: Suvarnabhumi Aerotropolis Development Plan
Consultant: Asian Engineering Consultants Corp., Ltd.
Project Location within Country: Area within 100 km. surrounding the Suvarnabhumi Airport, covering 17 provinces in the central region, Thailand
Name of Client: National Economic and Social Development Board
Professional Staff Provided :
No. of Staff: 11
No. of Man-Months: 37
Start Date (Month/Year) 10/2002
Completion Date (Month/Year) 09/2003
Approximate Value of Services: US$ 0.86 M.
Name of associated firm(s), if any: Proportion :
Team Consulting Engineering and Management Co., Ltd. 47.67 %
Management Solutions International Ltd./Shankland Cox Asia Ltd. 10.35 %
Project Cost : US$ - M. (1 US$ = 43.48 Baht)
Detailed Narrative Descriptive of Project : This project is dealt with development planning for the Suvarnabhumi Aerotropolis which covers the area within 100 km. surrounding the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Samut Prakarn, in operation.
A development scheme is prepared for a 5-10 period, a 20-year period and a 30- year period starting from 2005. The study includes also the overall socio-economic impact at the Metropolis level resulting from relocation of all airport related activities from the present Don Muang Airport to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. Hence, the mitigation measures are recommended.
Detailed Description of Actual Services provided:
1. Study the overall socio-economic impact from the relocation of all airport-related activities from Don Muang Airport to Suvarnabhumi Airport, particularly the direct socioeconomic impact on the surrounding area within 5-10 km. from the two airports, and then recommend the mitigation measures.
2. Review the relevant previous studies, the results from which are used as a basis for the development planning of the Suvarnabhumi Aerotropolis.
3. Prepare the following 2 major development plans for a 5-10 year period, a 20-year period, and a 30- year period starting from 2005 :-
- A macro landuse plan of the area within 100 km surrounding the Suvarnabhumi Airport to support the growth of the Aerotropolis until 2035.
- Inter-connecting networks of various utility and facility systems between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Bangkok area, the Eastern Seaboard Industrial area, the Upper Central Region, and the Western Central Region.
4. Prepare Action Plans including financial plan analysis for an investment on the development.
This project is dealt with development planning for the Suvarnabhumi Aerotropolis which covers an area within 100 km. surrounding the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Samut Prakarn. The study includes also the overall socio-economic impact at the Metropolis level resulting from the relocation of all airport-related activities from the present Don Muang Airport to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. Hence, mitigation measures are recommended.