Project Name : Pak Bara Deep Sea Port Project
Company Name : ATT Consultants Co, Ltd. (ATT)
Associated Firm : PCI, Japan
Project Location : La Ngu district, Satun province, Thailand
Project Owner : Marine Department, Ministry of Transport
Type of Services : Review previous studies and detailed engineering design
Sector/Capacity: Traffic & Transport / Deep Sea Port for 70,000 DWT vessels
Project Cost: Approximate 5,800 million THB
Narrative of Project: Pak Bara Deep Sea Port Project will be established at Andaman sea coast in La Ngu district, Satun province, southern Thailand. The project main components are:
(1) Port Terminal-container terminal long 750 m, 2x70,000 DWT vessels;
(2) Port buildings;
(3) Container storage area;
(4) Port access bridge-reinforced concrete type, 4,300 m long and 4 lanes of 2 way-directions;
(5) Navigating channel will be dredged-14 m, 180 m wide, turning basin 600 m diameter;
(6) Breakwater rock-filled, 1,700 m long;
(7) Buildings such as: Terminal Operation Building, Custom & Operation Building, CFS Building, Pilot & Tugboat Building, Administration Building, Main Entrance Gate, etc.
The Consultants had been assigned to review on previous studies of engineering, economic, environment and study on sea port administration as well. The implementation was undertaken during July 2005 – July 2006.
Highlight : Pak Bara Deep Sea Port Project when is established that will be the first deep sea port of the west southern coast of Thailand. It can provide the ships / vessels all from Europe and Middle-East to Thailand only or to the Far-East further. The project can also be developed as a terminal of land bridge for Andaman Sea-Pacific Ocean in the near future.