Project Name: Improvement of Water Resources and Water Utilization Efficiencies by Application of Pipe System in Northeast Thailand
Firm Name: MACRO Consultants Co., Ltd.
- Asdecon Corporation Limited
- Southeast Asia Technology Co., Ltd.
- Resources Engineering Consultants Co., Ltd.
- P&C Management Co., Ltd.
Location: Northeast, Thailand
Project Owner: Department of Energy Development and Promotion
Type of Project: Water Resources Management
Period: September 1999 - October 2001
Project Features: The study area covers 19 provinces the northeast region with total area of about 165,640 sq.km in the Khong tributaries, Chi and Mun basins. The consultancy services include:
1) Carry out master planning for enhancing the efficiency of water resources projects and water use in the northeast region with a total area of 240,000 hectares.
2) Carry out feasibility study and environmental impact evaluation of various projects based on the importance and readiness of the project for a total area of 120,000 hectares.
3) Carry out engineering survey and prepare detailed design for the pilot projects covering the total area of 12,000 hectares.
4) Prepare terms of references and tender documents for the feasible projects covering the total area of 675,000 rai